The 700 optical incremental shaft encoders convert input shaft rotation into square wave output pulses to provide an accurate means of digitizing position, rate or direction of rotation. They are designed specifically for industrial applications requiring a rugged and reliable shaft encoder that is sealed against dust, oil vapor and moisture.
Sensors & Encoders
Optical Shaft Encoder
- ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Voltage: 5 VDC, or 8 to 30 VDC (Specify Choice)
- Current: 50 mA ± 10%
- Ripple: 2%
- Regulation: ±5%
- Amplitude: 80% of input voltage (min.)
- Current Sink: up to 20 milliamperes (10 milliamperes on multi-output units). 1.5K pull up to input voltage
- Polarity: Positive
- Wave Shape: Square wave, 50% “on” and 50% “off”
- Pulse Rate: 0 to 20,000 pulses per second
- Rise Time: Less than 1 microsecond
- Pulses per Rev.: 1 to 1270 (Specify choice)
- Accuracy: Within ±0.1 degrees from one pulse to any other pulse.
- Temperature: 0 to 75 degrees C ( +32°F to 167°F)
- Vibration: 3 g’s at 5 to 1000 CPS
- Shock: 20 g’s, 10 milliseconds
- Shaft Speed: 6,000 RPM maximum
- Shaft Rotation: Either direction
- Bearings: Sealed ball bearings
- Starting Torque: 0.10 ounce-inches
- Moment of Inertia: 0.0025 ounce-inches seconds squared
- Radial Loading: 10 pounds operating
- Axial Loading: 5 pounds operating
- Shaft Size: .250″ or .375″ diameter (Specify choice)
- Shaft Type: Single or double ended (Specify choice)
- Operating Life: 100,000 hours average
- Housing: Aluminum with black anodized finish. Sealed against dust, oil vapor and moisture.
- Mounting: Provisions for either base or face mounting
- Weight: A-10 oz., B- 3.75 lbs., C- 3.25 lbs., D- 6 lbs.
- Connector Type: 6-pin MS Connector or Solder Terminals