The SHPFI-M is a smart frequency to current converter and also a frequency to frequency pulse scaler. It is intended to be used with flow meters and similar devices who generate a pulse signal either from a magnetic pickup or a contact closure whose frequency is related to flow rate and where each pulse represents a quantity of flow. The SHPFI-M also contains a linearization function commonly required by flow meters to improve their accuracy. The flow rate and total are computed within the SHPFI-M and the 4-20mA analog output and the high level scaled pulse output are generated from these computed values. The SHPFI-M is programmed using a special setup program from a PC. A special programming cable called the BSAC1 is also required. These items are purchased separately. The computed Rate and Total may also be viewed on your PC using these special cables.
Smart Frequency to Current Loop Powered Flow Transmitter with Scaled Pulse Output
- Accepts Inputs From: Magnetic Pickups, Contact Closures, DC Pulses (Optically Isolated) from Pulse Producing Flowmeters
- 4-20mA Analog Output Option (8 updates/sec)
- 20 Point Linearization
- Isolated Scaled Pulse Output of Total
- Nonvolatile Flash Memory of Setup Data and Calibration Information
- Setup Software for Easy Programming and Monitoring Using a PC and Special Serial Cable (BSAC1)